Grilled Salmon Recipe
This amazing grilled salmon recipe is as versatile as it is delicious. You can use this salmon recipe for everything from salmon tacos to a salmon caesar salad. We decided to make tacos, salad and pair it with some mashed potatoes!
To start, season your salmon with a medium to light coat of Code 3 Sea Dog rub and some lemon slices.
Once you’ve seasoned your salmon, preheat the grill to 350 degrees and set up for direct-heat cooking. We like to use Grill Grates to get that perfect heat distribution and grill marks.
Protip: Salmon will take about 15 minutes for each inch of thickness
While the salmon cooks, prepare your wasabi mayo. We usually start with a quarter cup of mayo and add wasabi to taste. Feel free to adjust based on your preference!
Your grilled salmon is ready once the thickest part of the fish reaches an internal temperature of 145 degrees.
- 1 salmon filet
- 1 lemon, cut into 1/4 inch slices
- Code 3 Sea Dog rub
- 1/4 cup of mayo
- 1 tbsp. of wasabi paste (more or less to taste)
- Season salmon fillet with a medium coat of Code 3 Spices Seadog and lemon slices and let rest at room temperature until grill gets to 350 degrees.
- Prepare the grill for 350 direct cooking or on Grill Grate if you have them
- Place salmon fillet on the grill skin side down. Close the lid and cook salmon for 15 to 20 minutes.
- A salmon fillet will take about 15 minutes per 1 inch thick
- You can also use a meat thermometer to measure the internal temperature of the thickest part of the fish. Salmon is done when reaches 145°.
- Start off with a ¼ cup mayo to a tablespoon of wasabi then make it to taste either adding more mayo or wasabi depending on what you like.