Grilled Shrimp Ceviche Recipe
Jump to Recipe
We absolutely love ceviche and this easy-to-follow grilled shrimp ceviche recipe is simply amazing. By grilling the shrimp before adding to the mix, the entire ceviche is infused with amazing smoky deliciousness which pairs perfectly with the bright fruity flavors of the ceviche.
To get started, you’ll want to give your shrimp a generous coating of Code 3 Grunt Rub which brings a nice blend of salt, pepper and garlic flavors.
After seasoning with Grunt Rub, we’ll add in our lime juice and tequila. Once that’s all mixed together, we’ll drop the full mixture into a large zip lock bag. Place the shrimp in the fridge for 15-30 minutes and let the marinade go to work
PRO TIP: Don’t leave the shrimp in the fridge too long as the citrus and tequila will begin to cook the shrimp
While the shrimp begins marinating, we’ll get the grill up to temp at 350 degrees. We like to use Grill Grates for a lot of our recipes but they are a particularly huge help for smaller items like shrimp by preventing flare-ups or shrimp falling through the grates. Once the grill gets to temp, add the shrimp directly to the grill and cook for about 5 minutes per side. Be sure not to overcook! Nobody likes a rubbery shrimp.
Once the shrimp is finished cooking, we’ll pull them from the grill and get to chopping!
PRO TIP: Consistent and uniform knife cuts will produce an attractive ceviche that will look as good as it tastes!
The final step of this recipe is really where the magic happens as we combine the rest of our ingredients with the delicious smoky grilled shrimp! The combination of fresh mango and jicama combined with the heat of serrano peppers and the bite of red onion and cilantro mixes perfectly with the bright citrus flavors from the lime juice. Add in that smokiness of the grilled shrimp and you’ve got one heck of a ceviche!
Shrimp Marinade Ingredients
- 2 pounds medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- Code 3 Grunt RUB
- 2 whole limes squeezed
- 2 shots of tequila
- 2 pounds of Marinaded shrimp
- 4 whole Limes Squeezed
- ½ finely chopped Red Onion
- 1/2 cup finely chopped cilantro
- ¼ cup finely chopped serrano peppers
- 1 cup peeled and small diced jicama
- 2 cups finely chopped Mango
- Tortilla chips or tostadas, for serving
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 ripe avocado, pitted and sliced for garnish
- Marinade the shrimp in the lime and Tequila mixture for 15 to 30 minutes in the fridge
- Set the Big Green Egg to 350 direct. Place Marinaded Shrimp on the grill and let cook for about 5 minutes then flip shrimp and let cook for about another 3-5 minutes until bright pink and opaque.
- Once Shrimp are cooked then removed from the grill and begin to chop.
- After chopping, combine the shrimp with fresh lime juice, red onion, cilantro, serrano peppers, jicama, mango, and sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste.
Leave a Reply