Korean Short Ribs Recipe
This Korean short ribs recipe features a wonderful soy-sesame marinade that is easy to prep and can be cooked on any kind of grill. For this recipe, we cooked these short ribs on a PK Grill and made sure to get those glorious grill marks that can only come from Grill Grates.
The soy-sesame marinade we use for these Korean short ribs brings out some big-time flavor! A little sweet, a little salty and all delicious! This marinade can be prepared ahead of time and the ribs will be ready to cook after just 4 hours. If you’d like to let the meat marinade longer, you can leave these short ribs in the marinade overnight. Freshness is key with this marinade so we don’t recommend going any longer than 12 hours.
After your short ribs have marinated, get your grill nice and hot and pop them on! We like to use Grill Grates to get those beautiful grill marks. At just 5 minutes per-side, these ribs don’t take long to cook. That makes this a great meal for weeknights as well!
Be sure to subscribe to our YouTube channel for all the latest recipes and instructional videos. Let us know what you think of this Korean short rib recipe in the comments below!
- ¾ cup Soy Sauce
- ¾ cup Water
- 2 tbsp. Rice Vinegar
- 2 tbsp. Sesame Seed Oil
- 4 cloves of Fresh Garlic minced
- 2 tbsp. Fresh Ginger minced
- 4 fresh Green Onions chopped (green part only)
- Whisk all the above ingredients together in a bowl. Place the short ribs in a large zip-top plastic bag and pour the marinade over the top.
- The short ribs need to marinate for at least 4 hours but you can also marinate overnight for more flavor in the refrigerator.
- The short ribs need to cook on a grill 350 to 400 heat direct. I used my PK TX with a set of grill grates set up for direct grilling.
- The short ribs only need to cook for about 5 minutes on each side. You want to leave enough room between each piece, so the ribs will cook evenly.
Be sure to rate and comment below with your thoughts on this recipe!