Shrimp & Sausage Skewers on a Napoleon Prestige Pro 500
This recipe is super easy and so delicious. We love the combo of andouille sausage and shrimp along with the little extra flavor kick from a couple of our favorite sauces and rubs.
Before you begin prepping your food for this recipe, be sure to soak your wooden skewers in water to help keep them from burning once placed on the grill.
To get started, slice your sausage into pieces that are about the same height as your shrimp.
Once your skewers have been assembled, give them a nice light coating of your favorite BBQ rub. We like to use Prime Steak Rub from Golden Toad BBQ on ours!
After that, it’s onto the grill for a quick cook and coating of BBQ sauce! This recipe could not be quicker and easier.
- 1 package of jumbo shrimp, deveined
- 1 package of andouille sausage
- Golden Toad Prime Steak Rub
- Golden Toad BBQ Finishing Sauce
- Wooden skewers
- Cut your sausage into slices that are the same height as your shrimp
- Using your skewers, alternate shrimp and sausage until skewer is full (the sausage should fit nicely inside of the curve of the shrimp)
- Season lightly on both sides with Golden Toad Prime Steak Rub or use your favorite rub
- Preheat grill to 350 degrees, set up for direct cooking
- Place skewers on grill and cook 5 minutes per side or until shrimp begins to turn pink
- Before removing from the grill, coat with Golden Toad Finishing BBQ Sauce or your favorite sauce
- Once sauce has caramelized just a bit, remove from grill and enjoy!