Steak & Lobster Recipe
This steak and lobster recipe is one of our favorite ways to do surf & turf. It’s jam-packed full of flavor (and a little spice) and it is a perfect option for your next date night! Check out the full recipe below and be sure to let us know what you think!
This recipe comes in 2 parts. For starters, we’ll walk you through cooking a perfectly seasoned filet mignon. You’ll start by coating both sides of your steak with Golden Toad Prime Steak Rub.
After seasoning your steaks and getting your grill to the desired temperature of 275 degrees, get ready to throw your steaks on. We’ll be cooking these on indirect heat to make sure we get a nice even heat distribution.
While your steaks cook, it’s time to prepare the lobster. We’ll start by butterflying the lobster tails. Don’t worry, this is just a fancy way of saying we’re going to cut down the lobster tail and place the meat on top of the shell.
Once your lobster is prepped, we’ll get started with our basting butter. After melting your butter in an aluminum pan, add the aromatics and let them cook for about 5 minutes. Once the basting butter is ready, go ahead and place your lobster tails meat side up on the grill and give them a generous baste. You’ll want to keep basting the lobster tails every 3 minutes or so until the lobsters are fully cooked.
- (2) 8 oz. wagyu filet mignon steaks
- (2) 7 oz. lobster tails
- 3 sticks of unsalted butter
- 4 cloves of minced garlic
- 1/2 cup of fresh cilantro, chopped
- 2 jalapeños sliced and seeded (keep the seeds if you want more heat)
- Golden Toad Prime Steak Rub
Cooking Instructions (Filet Mignon)
- Heat your grill to 275ºF, set up for indirect cooking
- Apply a medium layer of Golden Toad Prime Steak Rub. Coat top and bottom with the rub. Let rest for 15 minutes each side.
- Cook the filets until the internal temperature reaches 115ºF.
- Remove conveggtor (if using a Big Green Egg or direct) and increase the grill temperature to 500ºF.
- Sear for about 2 minutes per side or until the filet mignon has an internal temp of 130 degrees
- Let rest for 5 to 10 minutes then serve
Cooking Instructions (Lobster Tails)
- Prepare grill or smoker for indirect cooking – temperature should be 375⁰.
- Butterfly the Lobster Tails (A fancy way to say cut down the back of the lobster tail and place meat on top of the shell)
- Place butter in aluminum pan and melt.
- Add garlic, cilantro, and jalapeños, to the butter and let cook for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Place lobster tails meat side up on indirect side of grill and cook for 12 to 15 minutes. Baste the meat side with the butter mixture every 3 minutes till done.
- Serve with remaining butter mixture.
Be sure to comment below and let us know what you think!
Leave a Reply