Wagyu Burger Recipe
Who doesn’t love a good burger? Do you know what makes it even better? When that burger is a wagyu patty and is topped with a sweet and savory bacon jam. In this recipe, we are making a simple wagyu burger with a bacon-bourbon jam. The combo of a perfectly seasoned wagyu burger patty paired with the sweetness of this bacon-bourbon jam is a sure-fire crowd-pleaser.
We decided to cook these burgers on a PK Grill
To season these burgers, you can use any rub or seasoning that you’d like. We decided to go with one of our favorites, Golden Toad’s Prime Steak Rub. This rub has a great balance and stands up well to the intense flavor of the wagyu patties.
Bacon-Bourbon Jam Recipe
What really sets these burgers apart is an amazing bacon-bourbon jam. It gives this recipe the perfect blend of sweet and savory. The jam can be made ahead of time and stored in the fridge so all you’ll have to do is slap on the bun.
Let us know what you think of this wagyu burger with bacon-bourbon jam recipe in the comments below! Be sure to subscribe to our YouTube channel for all the latest recipes and instructional videos.
Ingredients (Wagyu Burgers)
- 6 wagyu burger patties
- Golden Toad Prime Steak Rub (or your favorite seasoning blend)
- 6 hamburger buns
- Your favorite cheese and toppings
Cooking Instructions (Wagyu Burgers)
- Prepare a gas or charcoal grill for medium-high heat (we like about 350 degrees) closing the lid while the grill is preheating. We used the PK TX with Grill Grates.
- Generously apply your seasoning to both sides of the burger patties. Place the burgers on the grill grates and cook, uncovered, for 3 to 5 minutes a side, depending on the desired level of doneness. If you’re adding cheese to make cheeseburgers, add the cheese in the last 30 seconds and cover the grill to help it melt.
- While the burgers are resting, spread the surfaces of the buns with mayonnaise. Place the buns cut
side down on the grill grates. Cook just until browned and the rolls are soft – about 30 seconds.
- Now start to build your burger with your desired toppings. We used Bacon Jam (see recipe below), lettuce, tomatoes, and pickled onions.
BONUS: Here is a chart so you can see what temp you like your burgers
- Medium-rare (warm, red center): 130 to 135°
- Medium (warm, pink center): 140 to 145°
- Medium-well (hot, slightly pink center): 150 to 155°
- Well done (brown all the way through): 160 to 165°
Ingredients (Bacon-Bourbon Jam)
- 1 lb. bacon, sliced into 1/2” squares
- 1 yellow onion, sliced diced
- 1 tbsp. your favorite pork rub
- 1 tbsp. minced garlic
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup bourbon
- 1/2 cup cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 tsp dried thyme
Cooking Instructions (Bacon-Bourbon Jam)
- Cook the sliced bacon over medium heat in a skillet, stirring frequently until lightly browned.
- Remove from the skillet using a slotted spoon. Drain bacon on paper towels.
- In the same skillet add the sliced onions and your favorite pork rub to the skillet. Cook until translucent, about 5 10 minutes.
- Add the garlic and brown sugar. Cook for one minute.
- Add the remaining ingredients. Bring to a simmer. Return the cooked bacon to the skillet. Cook over low heat until the mixture is a jam-like texture. 6. Cool and store in mason jars in the refrigerator.
Be sure to rate and comment below with your thoughts on this recipe!